Muting other accounts/instances
How to mute an instance/account
As a user, you can hide other accounts content. To mute an account, go on the account page (for example: https://firstname.lastname@example.org) and click on .
Then, you can decide to:
- Hide the account content
- Hide the remote account's instance content
User mutes are listed in
My account > Misc > Muted accounts and
My account > Misc > Muted instances.
If you are an administrator or a moderator, you can also:
- Hide the account content for all the users of your instance
- Hide the remote account's instance content for all the users of your instance
Instance mutes are listed in
Administration > Moderation > Muted accounts and
Administration > Moderation > Muted servers.
What does mute do?
When you mute an account, all its content will be hidden:
- Its videos won't be listed anymore
- Its comments won't be displayed anymore
- New comments by this account/instance on your videos won't be forwarded to other instances