Be part of a network of multiple small federated, interoperable video hosting providers. Follow video creators and create videos. No vendor lock-in. All on a platform that is community-owned and ad-free.
Developed with ❤ by Framasoft
PeerTube is a free, decentralized and federated video platform developed as an alternative to other platforms that centralize our data and attention, such as YouTube, Dailymotion or Vimeo. 🎬
To learn more:
- This two-minute video (hosted on PeerTube) explaining what PeerTube is and how it works
- PeerTube's project homepage, joinpeertube.org
- Demonstration instances:
- This video demonstrating the communication between PeerTube and Mastodon (a decentralized Twitter alternative)
You don't need to be a programmer to help!
You can give us your feedback, report bugs, help us translate PeerTube, write documentation, and more. Check out the contributing guide to know how, it takes less than 2 minutes to get started. 😉
You can also join the cheerful bunch that makes our community:
- Framacolibri: https://framacolibri.org/c/peertube
Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or ideas! 💬
📦 Create your own instance
If you have a question, please try to find the answer in the FAQ first.
See the user documentation.
See the more general admin documentation.
Learn how to import/upload videos from CLI or admin your PeerTube instance with the tools documentation.
See the architecture blueprint for a more detailed explanation of the architectural choices.
See our REST API documentation:
- OpenAPI 3.0.0 schema: /support/doc/api/openapi.yaml
- Spec explorer: docs.joinpeertube.org/api-rest-reference.html
See our ActivityPub documentation.